Tuesday, July 26, 2011

waiting for the beginning

I've got everything packed up in a 40 liter backpack and I'm ready to go. If this is not the beginning, then at least it'll come soon. I'll be leaving Washington, D.C. for Miami, then Miami to Bogota, Colombia.

Sounds pretty exciting? Well for me at least. Tonight I'll be having dinner at one of the local restaurants in the city with a smile on my face telling myself, this is the beginning.

I have not prepared much for this trip (guess that's why I don't feel like its already begun), sure I have several goals and things I'd like to see and do, but nothing is confirmed and nothing is fixed (I don't even have a Lonely Planet or any other guide book either). I actually feel pretty good about it too, it's one of the reasons why I am leaving in the first place -- to escape the system, schedules, attachments, worries, and everything else that comes with the everyday life here in the U.S. So why stress so much on preparing for freedom when freedom for me means not preparing.

So exactly what will I do/see, who will I meet and when will I move to a next unknown region will be answered when the time comes.

I never considered having a blog (I'm supposed to escape this stuff, right), but after discussing all the pros and cons, I decided I'll give it a try.

You might be stuck in your reality, enjoy it, but follow me here when looking for an escape...

4 comments:

  1. Drink a fresh glass of maracuya for me. PR

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome- enjoy the infinite of a freedom

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, now you can do whatever you like... yeahhh

    wonder who you got that traveling blog idea from? It's a good one though. Behind you all the way bro, enjoy your adventures! ALWAYS SAY YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely read it "I have several GOATS and things I'd like to see and do." after a double take, I see you said "goals"... it gave me a good laugh :) gosh, missing you already! I'm excited to see what you're up to from time to time, and hope you'll follow in your own advice, that is: live in your current reality... embrace this experience as it will be like nothing else you've ever seen, touched, smelled, tasted, heard... and whatever your mind's eye experiences.. love u and wishing you well on your journey!

    ReplyDelete