Saturday, October 15, 2011

The original entry has been a draft for the last 2,000 miles and was supposed to be finalized then published today. I had decided that it would be my final entry because life has been more beautiful than ever and that I wanted to simply live it to the fullest without putting it into words.

However, that entry will remain a draft and this is the new end to my blog... not because I want it to be, but because our trip has come to an end and pretty much has to be.

Long story short: our taxi driver snuck away in reverse and drove off with everything we had. Everything; from the boxers I wore every other 4 days to the hundreds of pictures I am still trying to let go of. As well as everything that Seth had too.

Its funny because our trip was supposed to end here in Lima, Peru after making a loop and returning in January -- it still ends here, just a bit sooner. Its a sudden end that I wish was not here just yet, but an end I have come to accept. 

Its ok, because money has been wired to us and we know that when we get home we will have food on our plates and a roof over our heads while being surrounded by the people we love. We know that the majority of our stuff is just stuff, things that can be replaced, and that they really have no significant meaning when looking at the bigger picture. More importantly, we know that he did not rob us or anything that makes us who we are.

I hope he learns how to take two photos at the same time with both of my cameras and to upload them on the laptop, I hope he enjoys the music in my iTouch and his new Blackberry, I hope he feeds his family with the money he now has and enjoys all the stuff I once did, I hope he gives much meaning and care to the gifts I received and I truly hope my shoes fit him.

Thank you to the family at the US Embassy for their kind charity and to Antoinette Carrillo for being the angel she was, the things she did, and for reminding us that love still exist.

I am flying back to D.C. tomorrow with a police report, my temporary passport, an old bus ticket, the clothes I had on, and a note that says "it isnt much, but I hope this helps a little."

I am also leaving with memories, a refreshed soul, a stronger mind, and good feelings because I know I will be back soon.

See you guys Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment